Unilever and AUD partner
Unilever and AUD (American University of Dubai) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to provide students with a comprehensive, hands on corporate experience.
“At Unilever, our objective is to become the employer of choice for students across the region. Accordingly, we are delighted to sign this agreement today as it will help go a long way in strengthening our relationship with AUD; one of the most elite universities in the Gulf and a great strategic partner,” said Togatorop. “By providing students with the right educational and professional programs, we aspire to bridge the gap between the academic and the real world, with the aim of eventually inspiring students to become great business leaders of the future.”
This collaborative agreement between both parties will cover recruitment, internships, exchange of knowledge, training programs, joint seminars and conferences and leadership programs as well as other areas of mutual interests.
Mrs. Peggy Awad commented: "The External Relations Office at AUD, consistent with the university’s mission, capitalizes on building and sustaining enduring partnerships with the corporate world that will benefit the University Community, particularly the students. We are proud today to add Unilever as one of our new partners. Together, we successfully identified ways to nurture the students’ experience while providing them with opportunities that will ultimately add a professional dimension to their education".
AUD and Unilever have a long standing relationship and have collaborated on several occasions in the past. The latest being a talk by Tina Chikhani, Marketing Director, Unilever MENA, to AUD’s marketing students during which Chikhani presented the case study of “Axe Body Spray” as a successful example of international marketing best practices.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with operations in over 100 countries and sales in 180. Consumers buy 170 billion Unilever packs around the world every year, and our products are used over two billion times a day. We have more than 171,000 employees, and generated annual sales of €46.5 billion in 2011.
Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life with brands and services that are good for them and good for others. Our portfolio includes some of the world’s best known and most loved brands including twelve €1 billion brands, and global leadership in most categories in which we operate. Our portfolio features iconic brands such as: Lipton, Dove, Vaseline, Sunsilk, Lifebuoy, Signal, Close-Up, Rexona, Axe Lux, Comfort & Knorr.
Unilever’s ambition is to double the size of our business, whilst reducing our overall environmental impact (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal). We are also committed to doing what we can to improve health, nutrition and hygiene, with a target to help more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, as well as sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020. All of these goals are itemised in around 60 time-based commitments in our Unilever Sustainable Living Plan.
Unilever has led the Food Producers sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Indexes for 13 consecutive years. We are included in the FTSE4Good Index Series and attained a top environmental score of 5, leading to inclusion in the FTSE4Good Environmental Leaders Europe 40 Index. In 2011 Unilever led the Climate Counts Company Scorecard and was named #1 in the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders according to the latest survey findings from GlobeScan Inc. and SustainAbility Ltd.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com
The American University in Dubai (AUD) is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
- AUD is officially licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the United Arab Emirates. The Ministry has accredited the university’s programs in International Studies, Business Administration (both undergraduate and graduate), Communication and Information Studies, Engineering, Computer and Information Technology, Computer Science, Architecture, Visual Communication and Interior Design, Education (graduate), and Construction Management (graduate), in addition to a Certificate program in Middle Eastern Studies.
- AUD is accredited by the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- AUD is approved to operate by the State of Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (NPEC).
- AUD has received specialized accreditation for its Bachelor’s of Business Administration (B.B.A.), and Master’s of Business Administration (M.B.A.) degree programs in business through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The university’s undergraduate concentrations in Marketing Communications and Advertising (Creative) have been accredited by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in New York.
- The Civil, Computer, and Electrical Engineering Programs of AUD’s School of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. The Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Technology (B.S.C.I.T.) program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
For more information, please visit www.aud.edu(Link opens in a new window).